Sunday, August 7

Shedding for the Wedding: My Fiancee Fifteen

Bear with me, Hive, I need to get real for a minute. This has been me for the past 10 months with regard to my 'few' extra pounds:



{Nothing 'more' to see here} / Image via LOLcats


I'm sure you've heard of the 'freshman fifteen' . . .




{College is awesome!} / Image via Flixter




. . . but how about the dreaded Fiancee Fifteen? No, you say? Well, neither has Google. Welcome to my world. I've traveled the Kubler-Ross grief stages and finally have accepted the truth. 







DUDES! I am 15 effing lbs. over my normal weight range. W-T-effing-F?


Before you say that 15 is not a big deal, let me share some new Teacup fun facts: 
  • My fat clothes are snug -- which means my normal clothes don't fit and my skinny clothes are in storage. Boo :/
  • Spanx is my new favorite accessory. Every day.
  • Fifteen pounds is 11.2% of my current weight. Yikes!
A quick Weddingbee search reassured me that I'm not alone in pondering pre-wedding weight loss: Mrs. Octopus, Mrs. Crab Cake and Mrs. Deviled Egg share their woes and motivation. Miss Seal and Miss Bacon confess chocolate and other yummy foods. Ms. Sloth and Pengy show off their progress and Miss Teaspoon and Miss Ladyfingers inspire with their workouts.


Here's the thing: I have two months before W-Day and I don't want my confidence waver for even one moment regretting 'if only' I had done something about this extra weight. Something's gotta give, and I don't want it to be my wedding dress zipper. . .



{Not me - but please let it go up!} / Image via Lose Weight Before Wedding


There's just enough time for me to make a difference and change the outcome. Now I've just gotta figure out which plan to follow to get me there. IRL I'm very disciplined and determined. 



{Yay, me! circa 1999} / personal photo

Right now, though, I have no extra energy to design my own diet and exercise plan. Work stress and wedding planning have sapped any reserve to kick my own butt into gear. Maybe I can also give a nod to some new meds I started back in January. But enough of the excuses.

What I need is accountability. I'm good at following orders and direction, especially when it's something I HAVE TO do, rather than want to do.


Share your plans with me, what works for you to ward off the 'fiancee fifteen'? All suggestions welcome, I need 'em!

No comments:

Post a Comment