Saturday, July 30

Bridal Breakdown # ?? - I've lost count.

Hello dear Hive, happy Monday! I hope your weekend was full of fun and happiness. Mine certainly was, although it didn't start out that way...

Remember last week I was all insightful and inspired? Well, it only took a mysteriously missing bridesmaid's dress to derail the zen-like approach to wedding planning in one quick instant. My FB status update says it all.



{FB vent!}

WTH is right, Miss Rachel. Here's a preview of that super fun day with my Sweet Tea girls 3 months ago. 


{party in the minivan rental!}

For now, suffice it to say that I ordered and paid for all the dresses at that same time in one transaction, or so I thought. The dresses finally came in - YAY! - and I picked them up last Friday before rushing off to the airport to visit Maid of Honor Sweet Tea in SoCal. Imagine my surprise turned frustration when the consultant said "she hasn't ordered it yet" after I asked about the one that didn't come in. 

Seriously?! We followed their advice and ordered them during the height of prom season (hence the oversight) with 5 months until W-Day to allow for plenty of time for the dresses to come in and get altered. Now there's only 3 months to go and that's how long it takes a new order to get to the store. The consultant casually assured me that I had plenty of time for this straggler. Yeah, that's what they said three months ago. I pulled out my credit card and placed the order, AAARRRRUGH!

Cue meltdown in 3 . . .  2 . . .  1 . . .

I now fully understand why couples elope, and those who don't wish they had. Here's a glimpse of our dream wedding heaven if I could have only let go of my want to get married in the Catholic church. Ahhhhh, Cabo.


{surf spot at La Roca}

But I digress. After a mildly tearful meltdown alone in the car and a quick call to Mama Teacup to tell her how much I hated wedding planning, I managed to laugh at myself for instantly thinking that "nothing is ever easy" in that moment. 

Thankfully, I was on my way to visit my dear MOH Sweet Tea. If anyone could make this process fun again, it would be her. 


{early morning at Coronado Beach}


{carefree & happy Lily dog}



{cruising around Coronado island}



{real cheese curds flown in for a party}



{zen happy place restored, complete with sushi! note the hot green tea...}

We even managed to squeeze in some computer time devoted to wedding planning - logistics and details that had previously stalled my momentum. As a dutiful MOH she humored me and played dress up - dress, cardigan and jewelry - and I loved her look. 

She came through in a big way and I'm back from the brink of another bridal breakdown...thanks, friend!

Now you know how I regain sanity when the going gets rough...I jet off to somewhere fun with friends! Who keeps you grounded on this roller-coaster journey to matrimony? What are your favorite escapes or de-stressing tips? I could definitely use them for a rainy day!

** all personal photos **

No comments:

Post a Comment